Sunday 13 May 2012

Getting Crafty



With our wee Ruby now 6 weeks old and with all of us getting a little more sleep, I have started to find myself on the odd occasion with some free time during the day - a rare hour or two when Ruby is sleeping, the housework is completed or ignorable, and I am starting to grow restless. However, the unpredictable nature of our little cherub's sleeping patterns means I am never quite sure which of her snoozes will be 30 minute naps and which will be 3 hour slumbers. This means that baking is at times a risky venture, as I may have to leave it at any point to attend to our girl.   
And so, I have decided to explore my creative side. I am optimistic that I may have inherited some of my ultra-crafty mother's handiwork skills along with her old sewing machine, though how much is still to be seen. Thankfully she remains a phone call away for all my queries, be they craft, cooking or child related.
My last attempt at anything creative was pre-baby and was this cute owl mobile (pattern courtesy of Craft Schmaft). I had such fun making these little guys, and they now await Ruby above her cot in the nursery for when she graduates from the bassinet in our room in a few months time.
To be honest, I have never been very good at anything requiring more than one sitting, as I tend to lose interest once things are packed away. I have thus acquired a collection of half completed projects and unused tools ranging from jewellery making to mosaics all residing in a yet to be painted hat box. However, I am feeling the turning over of a new leaf and am hoping a few new tasks that I can pick up and put down may be a breath of fresh air for me, and with people having babies left, right and centre around me I have decided to try my hand at making some gifts.
While my love of food has not been forgotten, this space may be shared between these two endeavours from now on. Though lets just see if anything is blog-worthy before we get too far ahead of ourselves. Wish me luck!
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment