Wednesday 20 July 2011

Complete comfort food

Not only do I love cooking but, thankfully, my husband loves it too.  Aaron has been incredibly supportive of my starting this blog and pursuing a future in something foodie, though what they may be is still unclear to us both. He also likes to flex his culinary muscles every now and then by stepping into the kitchen. We've had some ups and downs, like the year he put oyster sauce in everything which was a steep learning curve, but over the years Az has realised his real flare lies in pies. To my delight he whipped up this lamb and veggie number last Friday.


 Big, juicy chunks of lamb in a thick gravy flavoured with rosemary and a touch of sweetness from a little port. The real hero of this one was the pastry. Regular puff, but he cooked it in our 'microstoven' dish and the pastry was super crispy all over. Served with a truffle mash I felt ridiculously spoilt for a Friday evening in.
As far as husband's go I may just have the best, not that I am at all biased.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment