Wednesday 29 June 2011

Braised Lamb Shanks



This was my first attempt at Lamb shanks, and was meant to be the virgin voyage of my new slow cooker. You can imagine my dismay when I arose bright and early last Sunday morning, recipe in hand, only to find my sweet little slow cooker won't fit six lamb shanks. My poor husband has learned that I do not cope well with unexpected change, particularly in the kitchen. However, with the aid of Google, my trusty Scanpan, and the 'All Recipes' application on my I-phone, we managed to rustle up this dish.
Being that this was to be the birthday dinner for my new father-in-law, I wanted them to be great. I think the outcome was pretty successful. I cooked them at about 150 degrees (Celsius) for about 6 hours, and they resulted in juicy, tender meat that literally was falling off the bones. The gravy was not too rich, but really well flavoured with wine, tomato, stock, and fresh herbs. Served with creamy, buttery mash and steamed green beans, I will definitely be cooking these again.  

1 comment:

  1. Hol, they were sooooooo tasty! I would love to have them again anytime! I promise next time my lemon pudding will be much better!

    ReplyDelete