Wednesday 22 June 2011

Spiced chickpeas with haloumi...A little something of my own

I will whole heartedly admit that in the 4 weeks we've been home I have allowed myself to slip into a lazy post-holiday slump, completely neglecting my poor blog. Somewhere amongst all the friends having babies (all boys), getting back into work, and catching up with family and friends I have had plenty to relish, and selfishly shared nought with you. In the vain hope you won't abandon me completely, and so you know I like to cook as well as eat, here is a little something we rustled up last night. 
This was my first cooking experience with dried legumes (as we are trying to cut down on our rubbush following a film night put on by my ecowarrior husband's gang at Surf Coast Energy Group), and while they required a little more cooking than their tinned friends, I was pleasanlty surprised.
Here you see garlic and onion sauteed until soft, then mixed with cumin, turmeric, chopped tomato, chickpeas and some fresh spinach wilted in at the end. Served with pan fried haloumi, and some crusty Turkish bread it was a delish  and speedy little Tuesday night dinner.   

No comments:

Post a Comment