Monday 23 July 2012

Handmade baby shoes


This has been my most challenging sewing attempt to date, so much so that I actually have not sewn anything since completing these little numbers. However, after seeing little Ruby wear these with her christening dress last week it was well worth the effort... and the swearing, and all the unpicking and re-sewing each shoe cost me. I especially loved my Mum's comment when I told her I had finished them, but that I had struggled quite a bit "Yes, I thought that might have been a bit over ambitious for you". 
Ah, hindsight - my old, dear friend. 
Note to self Holly: you are not yet 'intermediate' with your sewing ability, you would be best to stick to patterns that say 'beginner' or 'novice', or just return to the kitchen where things tend to run a little smoother (most of the time).
In saying all of this, the pattern for these shoes was brilliant and really easy to follow, and came with several different size options which I think I will make again in the future though for a slightly larger foot next time, so as not to be quite to fiddly. Also the fact I now know that 'fusible webbing' and 'fusible interface' are not, as I had assumed, the same thing I think the shoes will be much easier when they are not slightly sticking to each other as I try to sew them - major learning curve accomplished.

To make these shoes for yourself, the pattern can be purchased from Winter Peach Patterns on Etsy.
Happy stitching. 

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment