Monday 18 August 2014

Toddler busy bags

We are heading off on a great adventure in the coming days: Four weeks overseas, partly with my all family and partly just our wee family of three. I am currently full of excitement, and a little anxiety, about what is to come. Of a little concern is how our two and a half year old will tolerate the 24 hours in transit it will take to get us there (I can't even think about the extra time it is taking on the way home).
So in an effort to make this trip as painless as possible, I have embarked on a mission - a busy bag mission. Armed with a laminator and pair of scissors I have created for Ruby some little sackfuls of fun... hopefully hours of it.

Inside this cute Dr Seuss case (available from Buttoney Boo) are zip lock bags containing a variety of new activities to keep Ruby occupied.
 
Along with your stock standard drawing implements I have added the following:

'Build a rainbow' felt activity from All our Days,
A cute animal beading game a friend gave us,
 Alphabet letter match up game (cue cards from Mr Printables),
 The very hungry caterpillar matching/ memory game courtesy of Mama's Learning Corner
As a token to my own childhood days, these cute little felt folk and an assortment of clothes and accessories. Felt people and clothing templates available from Billy Bear 4 Kids,
 Ice cream colour matching game from Busy Little Bugs.
Here's hoping that this will help us on our way across the globe. I love the added perk of being able to grab a single activity and throw it my handbag for when we are out and about too.
Wish me luck!
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment